WikiUp is a small utility for adding images and files to your MediaWiki wiki site.
Getting pictures, maybe from Windows snipping tool into your Wiki is a hassle.
With WikiUp you simply paste the image from the clipboard, click upload and can then paste this Wiki-tag directly into the page you're editing.
Go to the Downloads page to get it!
Changes september 2016
Finally HTTPS (SSL) support! Please download the zip which includes OpenSSL-libraries. Check that you have https:// before your mediawiki URL.
Tested on Windows 10, 7 and XP. WikiUp uses a really old development environment, so SSL support has been problematic to get going.
Improved connection checking and better error messages.
Possible to get verbose logging of server replies during login.
Changes may 2016
- Added monitoring of the Windows Clipboard. With this option enabled, WikiUp will popup and be ready to paste to Mediawiki.
Changes november 2015
- Changed so that Wiki file prefix is not reset on paste from clipboard.
Changes october 2015
- Now adding back extension if user has removed it. Thanks Timothy for the tip!
Changes june 2015
- Fixed failure in upload process that caused wikitag to be missing in clipboard
- Added a new naming convention that makes a "dragged and dropped" file to be named using it's filename instead of a template with date and time.
- Included _zz in template for file names which adds milliseconds to filename. Avoid possible overrides because filename is used twice.